Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Read In One Day



Top Ten Tuesday is a link-up created by The Broke and The Bookish. This week the topic is books that we read in one day/sitting. I have a problem of reading the day away and I get grief because of it. Below are my top 10 books I got so engrossed in I became a hermit and never saw the light of day. 
Don't judge me! :)



1. Puddle Jumping- I read this one years ago, but I remember not being able to put it down. Such a great love story. I may need to do a re-read.
2. The Hating Game- I'm sure everyone has heard of this. It's a great example of the hate-to-love trope. Then add in an office setting and i'm hooked.
3. The Opportunist- This whole series is just so addicting and my eyes were glued to the page to see what happened next. Includes a lost memory, a vindictive girlfriend, and the one who got away.


4. On The Island- Two people survive a plane crash and are stranded on an island. It's an unconventional situation but I found myself rooting for them .
5. A Lover's Lament- A soldier's re-connection with his lost love while serving overseas. Such an emotional read.
6. The Fill-in Boyfriend- This is a fluff read like most Kasie West books, but they are easy to fly through. Sometimes you need cute, light contemporary.



7. The Devil's Metal- A NA/Paranormal Horror Romance that has to do with a heavy metal band in the 1970's and their life of sex, drug, and rock n' roll. Iv'e never read a book like this so it really kept my attention.
8. The Book Of Ivy- Another very popular book and it's because it's a gripping tale of two rival families in a dystopian society who each want to be the leaders. At what lengths are you willing to go for power? If that doesn't hook you...
9. A Veil Of Vines- Ah Tillie Cole, one of my favorite authors. This book has to do with Italian royalty and forbidden love. I absolutely love books about forbidden love so naturally it was awesome.



10. Paper Princess- This is a rags to riches story, but the main character doesn't actually want the life that comes with all that. She has to learn to stand up for herself if she's gonna survive in this world. It's got growth and also another hate-to-love romance. Yay!

Have you ever read the day away? If so, which books made you do it?


No comments:

Post a Comment